Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Salt Lake Bike Collective

1.801.fat.bike 2350 S. West Temple. Nothing cures the stress of a day like working with your hands for a couple of hours and fixing something that was once broke. I took my bike in to the collective to use there tools and bench to straighten out my bent rear tire and put a new chain on. Friendly people all helping each other makes for a very enjoyable experience. It's great because the place is like a living bike manual for every bike, I learn something every time I'm there.

I talked to the owners of one of mmy other favorite bike shops that had recently moved behind the old Guthrie's on 2nd and 2nd about making a portion of their shop a non profit. They already donate and partner with the bike collective so a natural fit would be to provide a downtown extension of the collective. I wonder if alot of businesses can in part deticate space as a non-profit?

No comments: