Monday, September 15, 2008

Holliday wedding


I was the photographer for the wedding of a friend this past weekend. The wedding was held on the grounds of an enormous house on Holliday Blvd. The bride and groom, of wealthy decent, were lucky enough to have it offered to them as a gift. Never had I seen first hand nor experienced the amount of money that was involved at this wedding. We parked outside of the compound and were met by a stretched golf cart to take us down the half mile driveway through densly wooded yet highly manicured forested acrage. I found out later that the owners have 10 gardeners on staff. 10! This whole unfolding of hidden beauty reminded me of a line from a movie where a little girl, the daugehter of a maid in California, is taken to the employers summer beach house. The little girl says, "I had no idea that the most beautiful beaches are owned and fenced off."

No comments: